February 24, 2021 10:38 am
So hopefully we are all going back to work-we say with bated breath.
However, whatever happens, businesses must prepare for the return to the office and make sure that they have implemented all the safety procedures they can so that their teams feel safe to return to the office.
Mode took a look at the measures we should all be considering in implementing:
- Review your risk assessment.
Now is the time to review this as you should be including Covid into your risk assessment. Consider the following:
- identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus.
- think about who could be at risk.
- decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed.
- act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
- Keep your 2 metres.
It is imperative that you try and implement this into your offices and ensure that everyone in the building, or who visits is clear about this rule. Perhaps consider the following
- Taping out 2 meters on the floor in the main communal areas
- Have people work side by side rather than face to face.
- Use signs to enforce the 2-metre rule.
- Try and limit the movement of people particularly in high traffic areas.
- Keep all areas clean.
Hygiene is obviously imperative, so you need to ensure that all the high flow areas are deep cleaned daily and the whole office has a stringent cleaning policy.
- Make sure the office is well ventilated.
This is so important in ensuring that the virus is not spread. If your office is well ventilated, then the risk is far lower.
- Keep talking to your teams.
Keeping in touch with your teams and communicating your plans and policies, ensure that they feel confident to make the return!
Categorised in: Uncategorised
This post was written by Anwen Haynes